6.16.2011

What I'm Craving: M Cafe's "Secret Menu" Vegan Chili Cheese Fries!

So I'm on day #12 of a new workout routine. P90X to be exact. It's a really fun, high-intensity workout that (literally) kicks my butt. My only problem is that I'm STARVING all the time, and not in a way that celery sticks, string cheese or a handful of almonds can fix. I'm having serious cravings for all things fattening, salty, greasy and heavy, but am trying my best not to give into them. I save that for Friday and Saturday nights when Bryan crack open a bottle of wine and I give myself permission to polish off half (okay, 3/4) of it.

Photo credit: M Cafe de Chaya

Instead, on a day like today, when I'm sitting at my office desk trying not to gnaw off my arm, I'm living vicariously through an image of M Cafe de Chaya's chili cheese fries. Sad, but true. I mean, just LOOK at this photo: how amazing does that heaping plate of fries look? Crisp, golden brown organic fries piled high with a hearty bean and tomato chili, then loaded with vegan Daiya cheese and a dusting of parsley. I could literally eat that entire plate right now, but instead I'm sharing my obsession with the hopes that each of you will get them and report back about just how incredible they are. Let's just say I know exactly what my first "reward" meal will be once I finish these hellish (err, I mean emotionally and physically rewarding) 90 days.

M Cafe's Secret Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
Photo credit: M Cafe de Chaya

The fries are available at both M Cafe's Melrose and Beverly Hills locations, but don't expect to find them on the regular menu. When you get there, lean in close to the cashier and ask for the secret, off-the-menu vegan chili cheese fries. Then give the cashier a quick wink, because that always makes the transaction seem that much more stealth. Oh, don't forget to hand over your $7.95 -- an admittedly hefty price for fries, but the portion more than makes up for it -- and then count the minutes until you can dive into chili cheese deliciousness. I so jealous. Savor every bite!

7119 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
323.535.0588

9433 Brighton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.858.8459

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails