5.20.2010

May The Forks Be With You: Star Wars-Inspired Foods

Unless you've been living under a rock (or on another planet), you've heard of George Lucas' film phenomenon, Star Wars. I mean, I'm the farthest thing from a Star Wars fan, but even I know that the film has become so ingrained in American culture that the quote, "May the force be with you" is as well-known as "Four score and seven years ago." Recently I've come across a few Star Wars-inspired foods that even I'll admit are pretty awesome. My personal favorite, which is what inspired this post are the Williams-Sonoma Star Wars cookie cutters and pancake molds. My husband will definitely be getting some Star Wars cookies for his birthday. There's also a Yoda pizza, R2-D2 cookies and a Tauntaun wedding cake. While they're fun, I really have to ask: what the hell is a Tauntaun, anyway? From the photo below, I don't think I want to know...



Source: Geekologie.com

Source: BakeAt350.com

Source: StarWarsBlog.com

(Totally gross to anyone who's not a huge Star Wars fan)
Source: StarWarsBlog.com

Dead Tautaun Cake, Part 2
Source: StarWarsBlog.com


2 comments:

  1. hah love it, are you making star wars cookies for eat my blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch out bryan, sadler might move in on your lady after seeing these cookies / goodies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails